Recently a friend (I hope) suggested to me to explain how I started colouring.
I loved it as a child and that was as far as it went. Then card making came along and I thought I would try.  So I bought some copics and went from there. I watch various people on utube Kelly Latevola, Sandy Alnock and the like.  I am amazed by their skill.
I found that although there are various different colour choices people have for skin tones etc I go my own way. I don’t know why but I can never follow slavishly, I start off and then I’m in my own world. The more I do it the more I relax about it.  I find that in one image I can use up to 30 odd colours which is nuts but I do. I don’t practice I just colour all the images I can.  Can never do something over and over to practice, patience is not my middle name. I rarely throw something out, I just go on till I am satisfied.  It’s always amazing to me that when I’ve finished there is something I like. I always start off thinking I can’t do this and end up with something I’m happy with.

The card stock I use is nothing special just cheap card stock from the local office works.  I have some good card stock but I have never got on with it. I have used copy paper too and providing there isn’t too much blending it works well.

That’s it really, clean and simple CAS cards are what I do.  Absolutely no good my doing fancy cards I just don’t enjoy doing them.
 All new to me, I keep making mistakes and losing the text.


Comments